Friday, April 25, 2008
Vegetarian Black Forest
This is my entry to srivalli's MEC:Cakes.. I have great fun making cakes n pastries.. Generally I prefer vannilla/fresh cream.. but this time i wanted to try something different.. so I tried chocolate flavour.. I would say this one is a treat for chocolate lovers... My lesson on making cakes is to always use a blender or mixer to beat it.. once i did it manually.. and i had a sprain in my ankle which remained for months.. so never try even if u add lotta eggs.. I would also prefer to have a measuring cup..as our skilled hand measurement does not work for cakes..atleast for me,..
All Purpose flour(Maida) - 120 gms
Cocoa powder - 20 gms
Butter - 40 gms
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Milk Maid - 130 gms
Milk - 1/4 cup
Soda - 1/4 tsp
1. Sieve the flour, Cocoa powder, baking powder and soda in a bowl. Do it twice or thrice till they mix well.
2. Beat butter and milk maid mix well.
3. Add flour and beat well.
4. Add milk and beat well.
5. Grease the baking bowl with butter paper and pour the cake batter into it.
6. Set the microwave in the convection mode(those who have convection models) at 170 degees celsius for 30 minutes. Those who don't have convection, simply cook in micro wave at 200 degree celsius for 20-30 minutes.
7. Times vary according to different ovens. So keep an eye on the cake from 20 min onwards.
8. Prick it with a toothpick till the base to check whether its done.
9. Once its done, garnish with roasted almonds.
10. Yummy cake is ready.