Tuesday, April 22, 2008
பச்சரிசி கூழ் தோசை (Raw Rice - Porridge Dosa) - Late entry to Dosa mela
Oops:( Am too late to sri valli's dosa mela.. still I don't want to miss it.. All the dosas i thought of was in her round up..fusions were even more exciting.. So here is a recipe of traditional dosa which my mother in law taught me.. Hope people like it..
Raw Rice - 2 Cups
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Green chilli - 2(finely chopped)
Curry leaves - One handful(chopped)
Coriander leaves - One handful(chopped)
Asatoefida - 1/2 tsp
• Soak the rice for 2 hours and grind it to form a watery batter.
• Take half cup of rice, add water and boil it for 3 minutes to form a batter with porridge like consistency.
• Add the above to the remaining batter.
• Add salt according to the taste and leave for 3-4 hours(optional).
• If you want to have it for the dinner, you can start the batter preparation in the morning. It can be made instantly too. When you make instantly, add 1 cup of curd to get some sourness.
• Heat oil in a vessel, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
• Add Green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, asatoefida, stir for 2 minutes and add them to the batter.
• When you make the dosa from the batter, start pouring the batter from outer circle to inner circle as the it is of watery consistency.
• Add some oil.
• Flip onto other side and let it cook until light brown colour.
• Serve with pickle/chutney.(I served with mango thokku, tasted awesome.)