Tuesday, March 25, 2008
It was a sunday. My mother in law is an expert in making vegrtable fried rice which is not chinese style,but indian..it tastes very rich and delicious.. we used to eat it definitely once in a week. so i tried to make something different for the weekend and tried this out..got different tips from different sites n tried it out.. to my luck, it came out very well.. my in laws liked it..here goes the recipe..
Basmathi rice – 1 cup (Rice:water – 1:1½ )
Onion – 3
Tomato – 2
Chopped Carrot(2), beans(5),potato(2)
Green chilli – 1
Coriander leaves – ½ bunch
Mint/Pudhina leaves– ½ bunch
Thick Curd – ½ cup
Cashewnut - 4
Fresh Ginger & Garlic - 6/7 pieces
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Dhaniya Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
• Soak Basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
• Heat oil/ghee in a pressure pan and add sliced Green chilli.
• Add onions and sauté until light brown.
• Grind the ingredients under To Grind section and add them, sauté for 5 minutes.
• Add tomatoes and all the powders and thick curd.
• Sauté for 2 min and add all the vegetables and the soaked rice.
• Blend everything thoroughly and stir for few minutes.
• Close the pan with weight and put off after 10-12 min.
• Open the pan and garnish with Coriander and Mint leaves.
• Serve it hot with onion raita.