This is a common dish which is ordered my most of the paneer lovers in the restaurants... Nowadays its more of a routine for many people to make this dish frequently but some avoid making this as it might be time consuming..buth here is a simple procedure to tasty gravy for your chapathi/roti which gets ready in minutes once ingredients are ready.
Paneer loaf/Frozen Paneer( available in departmental stores)
Onion – 4
Tomatoes - 2
Fresh Ginger&Garlic - 4/5 pieces
Cashewnut – 5/6
Kasoori methi(Dried methi leaves, which adds a great flavour) – 2 tsp
Green chilli – 1
Red chilli – 1
Green Cardamom(Elaichi/Elakkai) - 3
Bayleaf(pattai) – ½
Cloves - 3
Black bell pepper – 2
Coriander – ¼ bunch
Pudina leaves – one small cup
Oil – 4 tsp
Kashmiri Red chilli pd.(has a mild taste but gives red color to the dish) – ½ tsp
Garam masala pd - ½ tsp
Roasted jeera pd (cumin seeds) - ½ tsp
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Method (Cooking time: 30 minutes)
• Grind all the ingredients (leave alone the oil, paneer and powders) finely and keep aside.(Hold some coriander & pudina leaves for garnishing)
• Heat oil in a pressure pan.
• Add turmeric and sauté for 2-3 min.
• Cut paneer into cubes and add to the pan, sauté for few minutes until light golden, remove them and keep aside.
• Add the ground paste to the pan, add salt and stir for 5-10 min.
• Add fried paneer and close the pan with weight.
• Allow for 3 whistles (which is approx. 12min) and put off. Let it stand for 5 min to let go the pressure.
• Open the pan, garnish with Coriander/pudina.
• Delicious paneer butter masala is ready.