Monday, July 27, 2009
Cheese veggie packets
This goes to my MEC event, Protein rich foods. I have used lot of vegetables, cheese with minimal oil making it more healthy.
Here goes the things I needed to prepare this:
1. Mixed Vegetables - You may prefer to buy buy frozen chopped vegetables or choose the vegetables n chop them into small pieces. You may use carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower and corn.
2. Cheese - 2 Slices
3. Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
4. Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
6. Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
10. Oil - 2 tsp
11. Spring roll pastry sheets/ Hand made dough( Use all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp il, salt and water and knead well & let it stay for 1 hr, Make square sheets of them once you start preparing this)
1. Add little oil in the glass bowl, add coriander leaves and cumin seeds and heat them in Microwave high for 1-2 min. You will notice the colour change of cumin seeds n smell the fragrance of coriander leaves. Transfer them to a bowl.
2. Boil the chopped vegetables in a microwave oven or glass bowl with water enough to wet the vegetables and heat in Microwave high for 8-10 min with little salt.
3. Drain the water from the boiled vegetables. You may add pepper n salt to the water and drink it considering its nutritional value.
4. Add the vegetables to the bowl(where u transferred fried cilantro n cumin seeds) and add the powders 4,6,7,8.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well. This is our stuffing.
6. Grate the cheese or cut it into small pieces.
6. Rub oil thoroughly over the spring roll sheets one by one and add our stuffing onto it, add some cheese and fold into packets and microwave for 1 min. You can cook 3 or 4 per min(differs from one microwave to other).
7. Look for the brownish color change n serve them with Tomato ketchup/chilli sauce.